The basic regulation applicable to the Tram is the Llei Ferroviària de Catalunya [Railway Law of Catalonia] (Law 4/2006, of 31 March). Taking into account this legislative framework, TRAM has established the General Conditions of Use of the Tram approved by the General Directorate of Transport of the Generalitat Government of Catalonia to guarantee respect for the tram itself and the other passengers.
It is the responsibility of the passenger to know the General Conditions of Use, regarding both the ticket needed to travel and acceptable behaviour when using the tram.
TRAM has a team of inspectors who ensure these conditions are met and can impose penalties in the event of non-compliance.
Some of the relevant conditions are:
- Even if you are only making a short journey.
- Even if you have a time-based ticket (T-Dia, T-50, T-Mes, T-Trimestre, T-Familiar, T-Jove, tourist tickets).
- Even if you have come from a different means of transport.
- Even if the tram is full.
- You must keep your stamped ticket until you get off.
- Do not give your ticket to another person.
- Help the inspector and show him or her your accreditation together with the stamped ticket.
- Remember that you have to stamp and keep your ticket until you get off.
- You may travel with one dog per person at off-peak times. The dog must be on a leash and wear a muzzle.
- From 11 September to 24 June, dogs are not permitted between 7 am and 9.30 am or between 5 pm and 7 pm.
- At weekends and on public holidays, dogs are permitted at all times, including from 24 June to 11 September.
- The person travelling with the dog is responsible for its behaviour. It must not disturb other users or obstruct doors or areas of transit.
Together we can have a friendlier TRAM
These brief rules will help all passengers enjoy their journey more
Purchase tickets at the stops or at points of sale before boarding. Travel cards are not sold on the trams.
No not use sound reproduction devices; only personal sound production devices with earphones may be used.
Allow other passengers to exit before boarding.
Please cooperate with our inspectors; they are in a position of authority and act in accordance with the law.
Always validate your ticket when boarding, even if you transfer. Keep your ticket until you leave the platform.
Hold the handrail if standing.
Children under four travel free. The minimum fine for travelling without the correct ticket is 100 euros.
Drinking alcohol on the tram is prohibited.
Get on or off the tram when the door button is lit.