During the last school year, face-to-face educational activities once again took place within schools in a total of 17 municipalities in Barcelona. The TRAM educational service, TRAMEduca, is now offering educational activities for schools for the 2023-24 school year and the booking period is now open.
For the seventh year in a row, TRAM is running this free educational project with the aim of teaching participants how the tram works and allowing them to reflect on civic behaviour, inclusion and sustainability – all values related to public transport.
Stocktake of the 2022-23 school year.
A total of 4,674 students from 17 different municipalities took part in 217 TRAMEduca and TRAM Barcelona Open sessions over the course of the school year. Once again, the feedback from teachers was very positive, with an overall average assessment of 4.4 out of 5.
Programme of activities for the 2023-24 school year
The full range of sessions on offer for the 2023-24 academic year is as follows:
- Look at the TRAM (2-6 years). Through storytelling, children learn how the Barcelona Tram works.
- Investigate the TRAM (6-8 years). Using a game of questions and clues, children become little detectives and find out about the tram.
- Using Public Transport (8-10 years). This session deals with the most important considerations around civic-minded and respectful behaviour on public transport.
- Adventure on the TRAM (10-12 years). Students simulate planning and travelling on the tram to develop their personal autonomy and learn about good behaviour on public transport.
- TRAM Barcelona Open (10-12 years). Students learn to relate to diversity through the values of adapted sport.
- What Do You Think? (12-16 years). Students reflect on the importance of having public transport and the specific characteristics of the tram, with an emphasis on safety and respect for public spaces.
- The Energy of the TRAM (12-18 years). Activity that shows the tram from an environmental and technological perspective.
Activities with a seal of educational quality
The programme of activities offered by TRAM through its TRAMeduca service have received the Educational Quality Seal of the Institute of Education Sciences (ICE) of the University of Barcelona. This quality seal is part of the educational activity accreditation project run by the ICE and the Pedagogical Coordination Council of Barcelona City Council.
To see the full catalogue of activities on offer or to book a session, go to www.trameduca.cat